[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Verisign .com contract and price increases

Justin M jlm939 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 13:31:11 UTC 2020

I am appalled that Verisign may be granted the ability to dramatically increase .com registration/renewal prices as part of its new ICANN contract. This TLD is simply too important and affects too many people to bear such increases.

I registered my first domain — a .com domain, of course — when the web was still new, over 25 years ago. Many other people, including moms and working-class individuals, have registered their own domains over that time period. The .com TLD is part of our collective heritage, one that should not be saddled with these onerous and unwarranted price increases.

Please remove these price increase provisions from the ICANN contract.

Sincerely,

Justin Mayer