[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Your (ICANN) planned .COM Price increase, taking money from Verisign and failure to consult your customers

Adebunmi Adeniran dasadeniran at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 14:07:18 UTC 2020

Dear Sir / Madam

This is to ask you to review your closed door agreement with VERISIGN in connection with planned price increase as this does not look good to us the general public of .com owners and Internet users.

It has come to light that VERISIGN pledged you ICANN, the sum of $20 million dollars over the next 5 years.

This in my opinion does not look good as it implies something completely different that it can even be interpreted as bribery?

For how can you a regulator, take money from one of the companies you are supposed to regulate?

I am hereby asking you to do the following, that our (that is, us the public) faith in you may be restored

1. The public be consulted over this matter
2. Transparent system of operation
3. That you, ICANN to incorporate feedback from the ICANN community and Internet users
4. Accountability becomes a priority
5. No more deals behind closed doors
6. And that you take our public opinion seriously and stop ignoring our unified opposition against your action

Above all, please respect the office and trust  you have been given.

I have decided to write you as I believe in the word of Martin Luther King Jnr. that “it’s not the deeds of the evil one, but the silent majority”. I have chosen not to e silent on this matter.

Yours sincerely

Dasola

Sent from Mail for Windows 10