[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposition to Amendment

John Colascione johnc at searchen.com
Tue Feb 11 14:09:17 UTC 2020

*I write in to oppose the Amendment to the .COM Registry Agreement which
would allow price increases in .com domain names. I am an owner of .com
domain names and provide affiliated registry services as well as register
domain .com names for clients. I believe ICANN is supposed to govern the
domain name system in the public interest.*

*With that said, those evaluating the proposed price increase or removal of
price caps need only ask themselves, what public good is achieved by
allowing the only provider of .com domain registrations and renewals to
increase prices?*

*The only thing that is achieved is consumers will pay more for the same
registration and use rights. What public good does this serve when the
company wishing to have these price increases is already
overwhelmingly profitable from what it already does as is.*

John Colascione
*Chief Executive OfficerInternet Marketing Services Inc. 515 North Flagler
Drive, Suite P-300 West Palm Beach, FL 33401United States of
Americahttps://www.searchen.com <https://www.searchen.com>Part of SEARCHEN
NETWORKS® (561) 370-7366*

*The terms SEARCHEN ®, SEARCHEN NETWORKS ® and SERIOUS ABOUT SEARCH **® **are
federally registered trademarks of Internet Marketing Services
Inc.Confidentiality note: This e-mail transmission is intended for the
exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential information that is covered by the electronic
communications privacy act (18 USC Sections 2510-2521). If an addressing or
transmission error has misdirected this email, please delete this message
and any attachment from your system and notify the author by replying to
this email or telephoning *
*Internet Marketing Services Inc. at 1 (631) 587-7050. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or
rely on this email or attachment or any part of them in any form
whatsoever. Any unauthorized use or disclosure may be unlawful.*