[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Objection to Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Gary Morgan connect at pixelshrink.com
Tue Feb 11 14:11:47 UTC 2020

Hello, I am a web designer based in the UK and I would like to object to
the Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement.

I am concerned about the possible price rises, especially given you ignored
concerns about the changes you made to .org domains.  I understand a
reasonable price rise may be appropriate, in line with inflation for
example, but 7% every year for four years with a freeze for two years is
excessive, and threatens the accessibility of .com domains to all.

I'm also concerned about the relationship you have with Verisign, given
that they can operate as a domain registrar as well as being a TLD, whereas
other companies cannot.  I urge you to be transparent about the nature of
your relationship with Verisign and any money that changes hands between
you.

kind regards Gary Morgan

*   web design and maintenance*Gary Morgan
www.pixelshrink.com
connect at pixelshrink.com
Tel: 03303 500 720 <+443303500720>
Mobile: 07477 141 757 <+447477141757>

*The information contained in this email is confidential and intended
solely for the addressee(s). If you have received it in error, please
notify pixelshrink immediately and then delete the message. If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this
email. *
*We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software
viruses, but we advise that you carry out your own virus checks. We cannot
accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.*