[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposition to Amendment 3

Evan Carlin evan at carlin.com
Tue Feb 11 14:40:01 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

I write to you in opposition of Amendment 3 to the .com Registry Agreement.
Allowing wholesale prices for .com domains to rise 72% over 12 years will
be a detriment to the internet community. It will hurt small players and
discourage users from creating the wild a quirky internet content we all
enjoy.

With a 50% net margin (compared to ex Facebook's 26%) I doesn't seem to me
that the increase is necessary. Verasign has had a strong return
<http://api.tenkwizard.com/cgi/image?quest=1&rid=23&ipage=12716814&doc=15>
and does not need to further tighten their grip on the internet for the
sake of their shareholders

Thanks for your consideration,
Evan