[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] (no subject)

Gavin hayesgav at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 14:42:30 UTC 2020

Hello,

I oppose amendment 3, it seems totally unnecessary to the continued usage
of .com and especially with the lack of details, only exists to enrich
Verisign.

The cost would certainly be felt by other web tinkers like me and would
likely result in many small websites with their own small piece of internet
history going off-line as the owner may not be able to justify the new
costs.

If .COM is changing to be enforced for commercial usage, I ask that at a
MINIMUM the existing .COM domains are grandfathered into the old pricing.
However for the lowest barrier to entry to enter the internet and create
websites in a time where large corporations control a large part of the
internet I believe the pricing should NOT change.