Dave Bastian daveb at closetomyheart.com
Tue Feb 11 00:00:55 UTC 2020

To Whom It May Concern,

I am a registrant of a .com domain name (several, actually).

I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains. The current rate is already far more than justified.

Many individuals, like myself, maintain multiple .com domain names if for no other reason than to protect our own names from being used to run a website not affiliated with us.

ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest; please do so. Please keep the annual fee low, or consider a more flexible charging system for the .COM TLD that will keep it accessible to individuals and small businesses.

David Bastian
Orem, Utah USA