ASI Domains domains at activesrc.com
Mon Feb 10 22:22:10 UTC 2020

ICANN should not grant Verisign wholesale .COM domain name price increases.

As a small, internet-base, business, annual registration of my domain
names is an unavoidable cost of doing business.  I rely on ICANN to play
their role of a non-profit entity with responsibility for fair domain
name management.

By granting Verisign the right to virtually print money with annual
price raises having no basis in need to cover growing costs, service
expansion, or other relevant costs, ICANN is not fulfilling its role.
Verisign, and any other business, needs to be profitable, but with known
low costs, current profitability, and no valid reason for higher pricing
on .COM domain names, the cost to registrants like myself should not
increase.

If ICANN is receiving money from Verisign to push through new pricing
and more lax regulation on them, I would like to know how that can not
be called a bribe.  With the past 6 months' events in the USA, I would
think the term "quid pro quo" should be discussed and considered at
ICANN before selling out all us registrants that rely on simple domain
name registrations for survival of our businesses.

Paul Kautz, Active Source, Inc.