[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Concerns relative to amendment 3 and price increases

Charles Kaplan ckaplan at ferrythecat.com
Mon Feb 10 22:32:20 UTC 2020

Like so many others who have made similar comments, these costs and the
near certainty of them increasing year over year is concerning to me.  Yes
infrastructure costs money, but these charges are already well into the
making money vs. breaking even level and giving tacit approval for
further increases is not necessary.

I have been doing this a long time.  So long in fact that when I started
domain registration was free.

My concern is that those, like me, who have a domain name for their family,
their side hustle, the business they plan to start some day, etc..  I
currently have 5 or 6 domains I am responsible for, none of which are
commercial, and all of which add up to a real amount of money for an
individual.

And this cost change does nothing to stop domain squatters or other
Internet trolls.

If you want to allow VRSN to run things, that is fine, but they should have
to justify why when actual costs are going down they need/want more money
each year.

I am opposed to the amendments as they currently stand.

Charles Kaplan