[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Price increases will thin out the web and fatten the kings

Jeff jeff at webcitypages.com
Mon Feb 10 22:53:13 UTC 2020

Me and my company object to significant price increases for obtaining
new and/or renewing domain names from registrars.
Many of our clients start with very little capital and startups are
already financially risky. It does not help matters to add extra costs
to new and growing companies.
Social media sites seem to have taken majority of the traffic and
there's already less visitors to small business sites. These small
businesses have to invest more money already, competing with the bigger
companies while search engines are making constant changes and
requirements to how the web should be, thus requiring more investment in
developers.
Further taxes/fees on domain ownership is not a good strategy for
enterprising the world wide web for the masses of business owners and
even smaller individuals with their personal portals, paying out of
pocket, with no intent on financial gains.
--

Jeff Bastan
(510) 449-3089