Christopher Kirk-Nielsen chriskirknielsen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:40:18 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am writing today to voice my strong opposition to Proposed Amendment 3.

An incredible amount of websites make use of .com domains, not just
commercial sites.

Raising prices on such an ubiquitous domain will not hurt large
corporations, but individual people. The web is first and foremost a place
for people to share. This is what makes the web great. An enthusiastic 12
year-old can have their own domain these days, and share what they love
with an accessible domain.

Raising prices adds barriers for each and every one of us that would like
to share with others on the internet. With an arbitrary price increase, it
is not an Internet for the people that I foresee, but for businesses with
large amounts of money to spare. That is not right.

*Please, do not adopt this proposal.*

Best,
Christopher Kirk-Nielsen

“The original idea of the web was that it should be a collaborative space
where you can communicate through *sharing information*.”
― Tim Berners-Lee