[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Price Increases of .com domain names

Debra Woods debra at latter-dayvillage.com
Tue Feb 11 00:47:21 UTC 2020

I recently read about a price increase that will take place over the next
several years for registration/renewal of .com domain names.

This is very alarming to me, as a small business owner who works out of my
home, with several .com domains.  My business expenses are already a
significant tax on my revenue and I am concerned about this change.  There
is little to no information about what this increase is for and what will
be done with the funds collected.  Making a blanket increase regardless of
the size of the business or the revenue is unfair.  It makes the internet
an exclusive business opportunity for big companies. Couldn't you use some
sliding scale that protects small businesses?

Transparency calls for this basic service to explain what is going on to
all involved.

Sincerely,

Debra Woods
LDV Founder