[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I wholeheartedly disagree with Verisign being allowed to increase the wholesale price on .COM domains!

David Wolfman dwolfman at dudek.com
Tue Feb 11 01:00:36 UTC 2020

I wholeheartedly disagree with ICANN's agreement with Verisign to allow large price-bumps on the wholesale price of .COM domains over the next several years. I also do not appreciate that ICANN has made these new agreements with Verisign without consulting or incorporating feedback from the ICANN community or Internet users.

The decisions made by ICANN in secret with Verisign, go against the idea of a free and open internet without monopolization, and these decisions clearly manipulate and increase the control and power of specific organizations (ICANN and Verisign), leaving consumers with no other alternatives when buying .COM domain names except to accept the increased price-burdens.

Please tell me where there is an undo burden of increased costs and management of .COM domains on ICANN or Verisigns behalf. This is purely a money grab and I'm sure that eventually some department of the government will put a stop of these types of random and secretive and sudden price-hikes.

David Wolfman
IT Infrastructure Engineer
DUDEK
ENGINEERING + ENVIRONMENTAL
605 3rd Street
Encinitas, CALIFORNIA 92024
T 760.479.4236      F 760.479.1042
WWW.DUDEK.COM<http://www.dudek.com/>
Here to serve you, call Dudek IT at X4357<tel:+4357> (HELP)
Or call 760-479-4220 from outside the office
Click here<https://ithelp.dudek.com/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wo/14.7.14.0.0.0.0.2.5.0.0.1.6.3.9.3.1> to create a ticket or email ITHelp at dudek.com<mailto:ITHelp at dudek.com>
PLEASE NOTE: Dudek uses an email filter to clean viruses and filter Spam. Please take the time to verify receipt of any important or time-sensitive email sent to us.