[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Comments

Michael Figurski mfigrs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 15:27:13 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am quite concerned about the news I hear about proposed changes to
contract between Verisign and ICANN.

The price increases and relaxing requirements on operating registrars in
exchange for funding, and previous track record of ignoring public
comments to policy changes by ICANN - all that makes me quite worried.
This sounds like a scheme of monopolists that fear no scrutiny, because
"what can you do to us?".

This is true, at least in part - there isn't much I can do about it. I am
therefore submitting my comment that I am totally opposed to all proposed
changes. If such policies would ever be enacted, they absolutely must be
preceded by opening up the monopoly of ICANN and Verisign.

Regards,

--
Michal Figurski