[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] No on price increases

Gina B ginabovara at msn.com
Mon Feb 10 22:23:00 UTC 2020

Hello, I buy a lot of domains and if your proposed changes with Verisign go through, I will be forced to buy significantly less domains.  NO ON INCREASES.

Wholesale registries charge Namecheap a set fee per domain name per year. According to this new agreement, Verisign will be allowed to increase the wholesale price to registrars for .COM domains every year for 8 out of the next 10 years, and the increases don't stop there.

This will mean that .COM wholesale domain prices can grow by more than 70% over and above current prices over the next decade. The contract also allows for other price increases, which could drive prices up further, ultimately making .COM domains less accessible and more expensive for everybody.