Cozadomain accounts at cozadomain.com
Tue Feb 11 06:43:17 UTC 2020

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 00:14:32 -0500
Marc Seiler <mseiler at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a registrant of a .com domain name.
> I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains.
> No one other than Verisign want increases in .COM prices.
> The current rate of $7.85 is already far more than justified.
> Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry – it has no
> business dictating the price.
> ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public
> interest.
> Marc Seiler
> St. Petersburg, Florida United States

+1

I agree with everything Marc Seiler & thousands of others are saying.

I would like to add:

ICANN is risking their legitimacy and perceived legitimacy by
concluding secret back room deals with Verisign.

I would like to state that .com is a planetary name space, in use and
used by all countries and all peoples of the planet

- Maybe this is the plan or part of the longer term strategy?

To force out the poor countries and exclude the third world under
developed economies?

Random price increases without providing additional service or services
is just wrong.

All reasonable people already know this, to charge more without
delivering more, is just wrong.

All people also know that if you increase .com prices you will hit that
poor of the world the hardest as in South Africa for example : $1 = R15

Other parts of Africa will be even harder hit by any increases.

So, a $1 price increase is a 15x price increase for .com registrants
here.

.com is well developed, mature and well supported:   prices should be
cut by at least 50%  is that possible?

Kind Regards

Christine
South African .com registrant