[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I am OPPOSED to Amendment 3

Greg and Cheryl Sabens sabens at icloud.com
Tue Feb 11 16:05:01 UTC 2020

I recently learned that ICANN recently chose to make changes to a contract with Verisign, Inc. in secret.  These changes were done without consulting the ICANN community or Internet users.  These changes will ultimately cause detrimental harm to the Internet as a whole by increasing .COM domain prices by 40% or more.

This is a typical, elitist method of choking out something that is a right to all inhabitants of the world; an affordable Internet.  I am sick and tired of the elites and 1-percenters taking advantage of the hardworking people of the world for their own benefit and pleasure.

If working for the good of humanity is equal to making close-door deals, then those doing so are clearly working evil instead.  I strongly oppose Admendment 3 and highly recommend that this amendment be scrap in every way.  I also recommend that all proposals be clearly advertised to everyone that would be affected (usually the world, considering we are talking about the Internet) and given much more than a few weeks for public comment.

No more secrets and closed-door deals.

Greg Sabens