[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM registration cost increase

Kelly Bell kelly at gothamcitydrupal.com
Mon Feb 10 22:04:26 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,
Please don’t increase prices for yearly .COM registration fees. This
action will unfairly give advantage to wealthy domain owners and
adversely affect diversity of voices and businesses on the internet,
which has been our most egalitarian marketplace for goods, services
and ideas. Additionally, we need rules in place which dictate how
these fees are to be spent, to ensure funds are devoted to supporting
domain infrastructure.

In short, please do not increase the .COM domain fees in such an
extreme way - instead, a reasonable yearly increase would follow a
COLA-type formula. And rules are needed to ensure all domain
registration fees are spent to support domain infrastructure repair
and expansion.

Thank you,

Kelly Bell
(917) 446-1555