[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Verisign, Inc. contract changes

Grace Judson grace at gracejudson.com
Mon Feb 10 22:10:48 UTC 2020

I am writing to protest the changes to ICANN's contract with Verisign, Inc.

It's my understanding that, along with a significant increase ($20 million
over five years) in payment from Verisign to ICANN, the contract allows
ongoing increases to the wholesale price for .COM domains.

It's also my understanding that the payment increase comes without any
restrictions or guidelines for how the money will be used by ICANN.

As a small business owner relying on my website domain, I vehemently protest
this agreement. It will unfairly penalize small businesses who are often
operating on a tight budget and need their websites in order to stay afloat
- and who will take the biggest hit, proportionate to their revenue and
budget, to these price increases.

Thank you.

~ Grace

Grace Judson

~ helping new managers become good leaders ~

 <http://www.gracejudson.com/> www.gracejudson.com

760.521.5720

Measure your leadership communication skills -
<https://www.gracejudson.com/leadership-communication-quiz/> click here to
take the brief assessment