[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] No taxation without representation!

Fredrik Krokstad fredrkr at me.com
Mon Feb 10 22:19:03 UTC 2020

As an owner of several .com-domains, I feel it necessary to write to you in order to express my profound dissatisfaction with the proposed amendment 3 to the .COM registry agreement. Firstly, the fact that decisions which will affect the registrar- and consumer communities at large, are being made unilaterally and behind closed doors, is outrageous. Secondly, I fail to see how allowing Verisign Inc. to control the wholesale domain price in the coming years will benefit consumers. This proposal should be scrapped. Furthermore, representatives from the ICANN community and internet users should be appointed then allowed to participate in these decision-making processes in the future.

Regards,
Fredrik Krokstad