[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .com

Joe Williams jwilliams at uselmore.com
Mon Feb 10 22:35:43 UTC 2020

Very concerned with reports I'm hearing about potential fee increases for .com domain registrations possibly in 8 out of the next 10 years, and with no bounds/limits?  If true, it puts a lot of small businesses like mine at further risk - we face mounting labor costs, regulatory costs, city and state taxes - it really adds up and makes it very tough to stay in business.  I STRONGLY encourage doing everything possible to keep domain costs at a low level.

I'm also disturbed to hear that Verisign will pay ICANN $20M --- that seems a guarantee that domain fees will rise when they want their payback.  That seems like a conflict of interest to ICANNs stated reason to exist...

Joe

joe williams | ceo | elmore electric | (GMT-8:00) | +1.206.213.0111 main | uselmore.com | highlinerlighting.com