[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .com price increases - opposed

Michael Kern - Church Logo Gallery michael at churchlogogallery.com
Mon Feb 10 22:38:55 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,

I just read about your proposed price increases for .com domain names. As a sole proprietor of an ecommerce website, I oppose the proposed changes which could increase the prices by as much as 70% over the next decade. If I only owned 1 domain name I could absorb the increase, but I own dozens, many that have been set aside for future use. This will have an adverse affect on my business.

I ask you to reconsider your decision. Without transparency of justification for the increase, this comes across as greed.  Just because you CANN doesn’t mean your should.

Michael Kern
Oceanside, CA