[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Proposed amendment 3

Jared Van Dyke jvd1227 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 22:43:47 UTC 2020

Allowing domain registrars to increase the cost of domains will hurt those of us that are new and/or struggling in business. The increases will scare people away from grabbing domains, which in the long run could impact you as well.

I have purchased domain names for ideas that I’ve had, even though they didn’t come to fruition I invested in the domain because of its affordability. I will also hang onto those with the hopes of launching them in the future. If the prices go up I will end up letting those domains go and not renew them. I’m guessing that since they were available the likely hood of someone else grabbing the domain is slim.

The bottom line is, I know you’re there to make money and I understand that, but is having people let domain names cancel going to lower your sales to the point where you would’ve made more money by keeping the prices competitive?

Thank you for listening!

Jared