[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .com domain

Sheau-fei Hoe hoesheaufei at icloud.com
Mon Feb 10 23:05:11 UTC 2020

Hi ICANN,

I am writing to express my concern and frustration about what's going to affect Namecheap (my domain name provider) and other domain name registrars due to your secret contract deal with Verisign.

The changes to the .com agreement will have a huge cost impact to start up business like mine. This will be unprecedented. It is unfair that consumers (including myself) have not been consulted prior to your decision making.

The extra $20 million that you are going to receive from Verisign -  how do you propose to spend the money and how are the consumers going to benefit from that? Couldn't and shouldn't ICANN be sensible enough to sign a deal which prevents indefinite increase of price to domain names, upfront and out loud with Verisign?

Please help.

Best,
Sheaufei
(www.sheaufei.com)