[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Don't give Verisign free reign to increase .com prices

Rome Reginelli mduo13 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:08:47 UTC 2020

As someone who owns a few web domains, I am concerned by the recent
proposal to change the .com administration contract with Verisign.

I understand that freezing the prices of .com domains indefinitely is
not reasonable, since inflation is a concern in the long term. However,
the proposed terms do not simply index wholesale domain prices to
inflation or anything along those lines. To me, it looks like a possibly
corrupt move to let Verisign raise rent on internet users in exchange
for Verisign shelling out an extra $20 million to ICANN.

Please don't give a government-granted monopoly more freedom to raise
prices without adequate oversight and reasonable cause.

--Rome R.