M Moser m3brooklyn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:12:18 UTC 2020

To ICANN members:

As a holder of several .com domains and a citizen of the Internet, I
oppose the proposed amendment to the .COM Registry Agreement.

I oppose the substance and implementation of the proposed changes, but
more than that I am very deeply concerned about the closed-door
negotiations that produced the proposal. The Internet has created
enormous wealth and opportunity precisely because of its open structure
and transparent communal management.

 From your own mission description:
"At the heart of ICANN's policy-making is what is called a
"multistakeholder model". This is a community-based consensus-driven
approach to policy-making. The idea is that Internet governance should
mimic the structure of the Internet itself- borderless and open to all."

A consensus-driven approach requires open discussion among ALL
stakeholders and unanimous support for major changes.

Until you have engaged in an open, honest discussion with all affected
parties, including end customers as well as domain-name wholesalers, you
cannot claim consensus. This proposal should not go forward.

M. Moser