[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement Customer Comments

Marlene Smith macsmith99 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:14:40 UTC 2020

Hello ICANN,

I currently have several business domains, all .COM domains from Namecheap.
I am disturbed about the proposed changes to the .COM Registry Agreement.

I don't want Verisign to be able to charge me more money each year for my
.COM domains. Many of us run small businesses and can't afford to have
domain prices skyrocket year after year.

Since most of our customers and prospects search for .COM first we have
built our businesses around our domain names with the expectation that they
will remain reasonable costs. As a business owner, I didn't choose a high
cost domain .COM name for a reason. By raising prices each year you will put
many people out of business. If they can't afford the .COM name, people
won't create online businesses if they have to use another domain.

Why is Verisign paying ICANN $20 million dollars over 5 years? Why is that
money not being used to keep .COM domain prices LOW for the CUSTOMERS you
have now? You will lose customers if prices go up more than 70% over the
next decade. Please keep .COM domain prices affordable so that entrepreneurs
can stay in business and also create new businesses as they want to without
being stopped by a high .COM price.

It would also be nice to not have a monopoly created where only a few
companies sell these domains as this also hurts all customers current and
prospective.

https://www.icann.org/public-comments/com-amendment-3-2020-01-03-en/mail_for

Best Regards,

Marlene Smith