[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposition to usurious price increases

Stephen Schiff galerieschiff at runbox.com
Tue Feb 11 16:40:04 UTC 2020

Sirs:

It has come to my attention that you plan to increase prices for .com
domain registration by 7% per annum over the next several years. This
despite the low inflation rate that is being experienced in most
countries.  I see this as a blatant exploitation of your virtual
monopolistic position to raise profits at the expense of mostly small
domain registrants like myself.

I rely on my website to disseminate information about my small business
and to facilitate sales.  Increasing the price of domain registration
beyond the rates that are rational in accounting for inflation
introduces hardships on small businesses like mine, because our
customers will abandon us if we attempt to pass these unjustifiable
increases on to them.

I strongly oppose ICANN's proposed rate increases.

Stephen Schiff

--
Galerie Schiff (TM) Fine Art
www.galerieschiff.com