[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] An unnecessary blow to small business

BoldEverything Accounts service at boldeverything.com
Tue Feb 11 16:55:27 UTC 2020

While I can understand that ICANN and Verisign have operating costs that cannot be directly billed through services provided, these proposed increases in domain registry costs unfairly weight the burden on a small percentage of domain registrations rather than distributing the increase evenly across all domain types.  This adversely impacts particularly on small businesses who are expected to use .com domains in order to maintain reasonable market competitiveness. Additionally, it unfairly burdens smaller web services companies such as ours who provide domain management for our hosted clients.   We ask that you reconsider your position and do not move forward with this proposed amendment.