cando at ymail.com cando at ymail.com
Tue Feb 11 17:01:53 UTC 2020

Hello, I am writing to voice my opposition to the currentdraft of Proposed Amendment 3.

The global DNS registration system is a public concern.This proposal benefits only Verisign, likely at public expense.

If there is one rule of thumb in the online world it is thateverything gets more efficient and less expensive every year. Imagine the worldif you will, if Microsoft raised the wholesale price of Windows by up to %7 ayear. How about Google charging 7% more per click every year. With increasedvolume and improved efficiency, Verisign costs should be going DOWN, not UP!

Before proposing blind numbers that have nothing butgreed behind them, please demand full transparency to the revenue stream. What does it actually cost to maintain the registry? How much profit was taken? Who are the stakeholders?Only then can the .COM owner community willingly participate in the pricing model.

The web, and global DNS, were envisioned to be run forthe public good, and they SHOULD be run for the public good. Deals such as thisare an abdication of that mandate; short sighted profit chasing at the expenseof all else.

Please do not adopt this proposal.

Regards,

Michael Brenner