D Rubene Photo rubenephoto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 17:06:39 UTC 2020

To ICANN owners and management,

The closed-door agreement with ICANN and Verisign is unfair to consumers but profitable for both ICANN and Verisign. The 7% annual price increases over 10 years can result in a 70% price increase in .com domain names for no good reason whatsoever other than collusion between ICANN and Verisign.

Both of you profit at the expense of the consumer with no logical reasoning to support the increases other than increased profits for both Corporations. This increase would add 70% to the current $7.85 price, which would bring it above $13.40 per domain.

What is your justification for these increases, other than increased profitability for yourself and Verisign? Informed consumers would like to know. We understand that it will increase your income by $20 million at the expense of the consumer over only 5 years. Why?

A copy of this email has been forwarded to my Congressional Representative.

David Rubene
David Rubene Photography
+1.612.368.4451
rubenephoto at gmail.com