[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I oppose the Verisign contract and price increases for .COM domains

Elizabeth Steere elizabeth.a.steere at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 17:10:08 UTC 2020

As a small blog owner, I am very concerned about the recent contract change
with Verisign that would allow them to increase .COM domains over the next
ten years. Should these changes go forward, many people like myself may not
be able to keep their websites afloat. I am concerned that the internet is
becoming less equal for users without high income, and I don't want to live
in a world where only those who can afford it share information and ideas
online. I ask that you please reconsider this change, and that you protect
the free speech of internet users and content creators.

Thank you,
Elizabeth Steere