[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposition to .Com Domain Name Increase

Matt mjortiz116 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:56:58 UTC 2020

Hello,
This email is to inform you of my opposition to amendment 3 with regards to the increased cost of wholesale .com domain names (herein “domain names”.

I believe that an increase to the cost of domain names on the wholesale side, will lead to an increase in price for customers, which will lead to a much less free and unique internet experience. This can also become a slippery slope where pricing increases astronomically over decades. Slowly this can lead to the weening out those who cannot afford the inflated costs.

This can lead to a less free internet. Freedom of speech can be curbed. And small businesses my not be able to succeed or maintain a web presence.

Keep the internet a free environment for everyone. Do not increase domain name pricing.

Thank you
Matthew Ortiz
6467760100
Mjortiz116 at gmail.com