[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Fee increase proposal

Mitchell Shelton mitchellshelton at me.com
Tue Feb 11 00:39:32 UTC 2020

I assume, much like with the .org increases, this email will be considered “spam” and disregarded. For two decades I have maintained multiple domains for both myself and friends. Typically, I pay the domain renewal fees for others. It is affordable and I’m happy to support others where I am able. With fees against .com domains opened up for increase, this will rapidly become an unsustainable financial burden for me and many like me. This sort of greed and corruption plagues all corners of our democracy. History will look back on the death of the .com domain era and remember the criminals that navigated us toward the end of freedom on the World Wide Web. This is class censorship and open support for the wealthy over the less fortunate. It is fascism disguised as capitalism intended only to line the pockets of those who hold the power. Without listening to the voice of the people you tear down everything that America once stood for. This spits in the face of the small business owner and the entrepreneur in the garage. No longer do we care about freedom, expression, and the true core of capitalism, innovation. Instead we crush it under the heel of fascism and greed. You have joined the ranks of others that have chosen to drive our nation toward destruction. Please, for the sake of liberty, for the preservation of capitalism and the power it brings to innovation, and for the freedom of all voices, stop these increases.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Mitchell Shelton