[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] verisign contract raise for the .com TLD

Nicolas du Parc nicolas.du.parc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 22:25:55 UTC 2020

Hi,

I just learned about the potential raise of the .com domains due to deal made between the ICANN and verisign without asking for the public and end customer opinion. There are no technical reason that .com domains exploitation should be more expensive. Due to the improvement in technologly performance, it should actually be the opposite. This action will punished millions of organizations  that have an established .com brand, but not necessary the means to maintain those domains due to price increase. I’m thinking about NGOs, small businesses, individuals that wants to protect their name.

I’m asking you with respect to reverse this decision that has no justifications but increasing the profit of versign, at the cost of billions of internet users.

Best regards,
Nicolas
----
Nicolas du Parc