[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposition to Proposed Amendment 3 to .COM Registry Agreement

Bharath Mohan mohanbharath at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:17:16 UTC 2020

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to register my alarm and opposition to the amendment to the
proposed amendment. While I understand that more funds may be needed to
support and run ICANN, the amendment as it stands provides both
insufficient information as to what purpose these funds are being raised,
and insufficient information regarding how to ensure that there is not
abuse or misappropriation of these selfsame funds. I also find it
concerning that there was no public attempt to raise these funds before
turning to a deal with a private entity that allows said entity to profit
-- this seems more like an opportunity to allow Verisign to invest in a
change that would allow it to further profit from a captive market rather
than a serious attempt at raising necessary funds. Please reconsider.

Thank you,
Bharath Mohan
Concerned Internet Citizen and Owner of .COM domains