[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM Price Increase

Dean Leszman dean.leszman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 17:26:32 UTC 2020

Hello,

I would like to voice my opposition to Proposed Amendment 3.

I believe that the global DNS registration system should be run primarily
as a public concern.

The only entities that stand to benefit from the proposed arrangement are
verisign itself, at the expense of the public. These price hikes will
impact the millions of small, independent businesses and developers that
rely on the system as is to make their livelihood. Further, this could
prove yet another point of pressure that convinces a small business to make
their online presence exclusively in the Facebook walled garden and eschew
the web itself.

The web, and global DNS, were envisioned to be run for the public good, and
they SHOULD be run for the public good. Deals such as this are an
abdication of that mandate; short sighted profit chasing at the expense of
all else. Please do not adopt this proposal.

--
*Dean Leszman*
*dean.leszman at gmail.com <dean.leszman at gmail.com>*