[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Sole Proprietor Opposed to Domain Rule Change

Sybil Johnson, Voice Talent sybil at sybiljohnson.com
Tue Feb 11 17:33:17 UTC 2020

Public Comment

My domain host recently alerted me to the decision by ICANN to raise rates
on the .COM domains over the next 10 years. As a sole proprietor with a
modest income, I find this to be outrageous.

Along with the domain rate increase, I learned the new Verisign agreement
includes other increases that will drive overall prices up further. Is your
end goal to make .COM domains less accessible and more expensive for
everybody? This move sure appears that way.

With 40% of all registered domain names online being .COM, and so many of
them belonging to small businesses like mine, I implore you to reconsider
this deal and re-evaluate the proposed rate increases that would have a
significant impact on the Internet for years to come. Please protect the
interests of individuals like myself and future entrepreneurs.

Thank you,

~ Sybil Johnson
Tampa, Florida, USA

Sybil Johnson * www.sybiljohnson.com