[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Please Prevent Unlimited .COM Price Increases

Artem Boldariev artem at boldariev.com
Tue Feb 11 17:55:51 UTC 2020

Hello,

Because *COM domains make up significant of all registered domain
names* online and taking into account that, in reality, any company
which has been using a domain for a prolonged period is, in fact, a
hostage of its domain name. It leads to the fact that any company will
be forced to pay any price to stay in business.

There are significant concerns for individual users, who rely on the COM
domain names as well. Increasing their price might make using COM domain
infeasible for individuals. For example, I do rely on a COM domain, it
is a significant part of my Internet identity, I believe that this is
the case for the other personal site owners as well.

**

*Increasing prices on COM domain might change the face of the Internet
in a bad way.*

Please, reconsider your last decisions. All the facts regarding the
issue, when put together, make the ICANN look like a supporter of a
monopoly of Verisign, while the received 20 million dollars look like a
bribe.

I certainly do not want to see ICANN this way but have no other choice.

Regards,

Artem