[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM Increase

Greg Koch nipponkid2002 at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 11 01:11:23 UTC 2020

To ICANN,

I’m reaching out to show my disappointment in the recent decision to strike a new deal between ICANN and Verisign.

The increase in wholesale prices for .COM domains will negatively impact small business owners like myself and in particular the price increases year on year for 8 out of the next 10 years. Wholesale registries charge Namecheap a set fee per domain name per year. According to this new agreement, Verisign will be allowed to increase the wholesale price to registrars for .COM domains.

I hope you reconsider this decision as 40% of users like myself will be directly affected and there is sure to be discontent to follow.

Sincerely,

Greg Koch