[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Writing in opposition to Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Oshyan oshyan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 21:59:56 UTC 2020

Hello, my name is Oshyan Greene and I am writing in opposition to Proposed
Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement. This proposal disadvantages
small businesses and lacks important specifics and safeguards to ensure
that the resulting cost increases are actually justified by improvements in
services, security, etc. The affordability of the .com TLD has been an
enabling factor for many businesses and small organizations and this
remains a vital part of the Internet's value to this day. Additionally, as
many new TLDs are expensive, it is important to maintain the reasonable
price of .com. Many domain registrars also sell .com at a significant
markup, which will only be magnified with the proposed price increases.

I urge you to reconsider this proposal in light of the important
public-benefit work that ICANN does, and its duty to the wide range of
customers it services through partners and affiliates. It is ICANN's
responsibility to maintain a fair, accessible Internet without prohibitive
price barriers.

Best,

Oshyan

---