[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Feedback on contract change for .com operator

enquiries enquiries at allabouttheproduct.com
Tue Feb 11 18:17:36 UTC 2020

Hi,

As a small business owner, I have a couple of .com sites which I have
registered & currently operate.

As regards the rule change, I think the normal rules of business should
apply:

-        What I am getting and what does it cost?

-        If I don't like it, I can walk away/refuse to support the
initiative

The fact the .com domain operation is a currently a monopoly should mean
that the caretakers (ICANN) should take even greater care to ensure that
that its constituents  (registrars or better, the actual .com website
owners) are supporting its initiatives. Failing to do this other areas of
life/business normally end up with the monopoly being broken up.

So, with the information I am aware of, I am not happy to support measures
ultimately resulting in higher re-occurring domain registry costs.

Best regards,

Robert Alfonsi