[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Please reconsider increase of .com prices

Øystein Ivar Malt oysmal at me.com
Tue Feb 11 18:18:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

I wanted to raise concern about the changes to the .com contract, lifting limits on prices for domain names. I do not think your decision is in the interest of the internet community, or businesses operating websites with a .com address. Please consider that while the price increase might not make a huge difference to entities in developed countries, it might severely affect the ability of individuals and SMBs in poorer countries to create websites aimed at a global audience. Such a situation would clearly be in the interest of neither diversity nor democracy, and could only cause larger divides in the global community. Further, with the reduction of hosting cost over the last decades, I do not see how you can justify increasing prices for such a fundamental, international internet service. I implore you to reconsider.

Kind regards,
Øystein Malt