[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposed to .COM amendments

Drew azboy29 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 18:40:07 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

The recently proposed amendment 3 to the .COM registry agreement is very
troubling. The proposed ability to increase the price year after year
for the next decade will be detrimental to people like myself.

A proposed small increase would be understandable, but what is proposed
is excessive.

I also think the additional ability for Verisign to operate a domain
resgistrar itself while controlling the majority of .COM domains gives
Verisign too much power to influence and control pricing, which will
come at the expense of everyone else.

On it's face, when taken into account with the $20M Verisign agreed to
pay ICANN over the next five years, these amendments appear self serving
and corrupt.

I work in IT and web development. As a small business owner myself, I
deal with purchasing domain names for myself as well as clients. These
proposed amendments could really harm people like me.

Thank you for your consideration,

Drew Bronnenkant