[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Objection to the increase of .COM fees

Ric Lobosco Rici at RicLobosco.com
Mon Feb 10 23:58:28 UTC 2020

I have two .COM domains, one is a personal domain <RicLobosco.com <http://riclobosco.com/>> I secured many years ago.  I conduct quite a bit of correspondence using this domain, & use the website on occasion for personal purposes.

It is highly unlikely any other human would want this domain, let alone any business or other organization.  As a retiree on a fixed income, using a domain for personal, private purposes, increased fees will represent a hardship.

My 2nd domain, PerformanceAllies.com <http://performanceallies.com/>, is a micro business I began many years ago.  I get quite a bit of correspondence thru this domain, as well.

While I’m not currently able to operate that business, due to disability, I am exploring alternative micro-business possibilities a disabled person such as me COULD operate, & bring myself above the poverty line.

So there may yet be some (quite limited) value for me in having this domain.  But pricing registration above my current financial capability would force me into greater hardship or losing the domain, preventing me from building on what I’ve worked hard to create over the last 30yrs with that name.

I beg of you to find another way to increase your revenues that doesn’t create such a hardship with individuals & very small businesses.

Thank you,
Ric Lobosco

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray." ― Rumi