[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] No .Com Price Increases

Ruth B ruthabr at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 00:03:29 UTC 2020

To Whom It May Concern,

I am commenting on the recent changes to the contract between ICANN and Verisign Inc.

I am deeply dismayed by the covert manner in which the contract is being modified and the consideration that ICANN is receiving for the modification.  It is my understanding that ICANN, a nonprofit organization, will purportedly receive $20 million dollars from Verisign in exchange for allowing Verisign to increase prices for .com domain registration. I find this arrangement very disturbing as do many other registrants, especially in light of ICANN's nonprofit characterization.

I urge you to reconsider the propriety of such a contract and to work toward encouraging competition between domain name registrars instead of thwarting competition.

Sincerely,

Ruth Brissenden, J.D.