Adam Strohl adam.strohl-ecom at ateamsystems.com
Tue Feb 11 18:57:39 UTC 2020

Hello ICANN,

As an Internet-focused MSP that manages hundreds of customers servers
and thousands of domains I am extremely concerned by this proposal and
the limited number of parties that came up with it -- namely Verisign
and ICANN.

This proposal represents, in my view, a catastrophic weakening of the
rules designed to keep the domain system fair and affordable.

I remember in the early 1990s when domains were hundreds of dollars per
year to register simply because ONE company had a stranglehold on it
(Network Solutions).  Returning to this kind of absurd price gouging is
not what the Internet needs in 2020. Especially when there is no clarify
on where this money will be directed to and how it will be managed.

Any change like this needs to come from a broad discussion, not just
ICANN and Verisgn. Our entire industry and by extensions our customers
will be affected by this.  In 2020 that's *everyone* because *everyone*
is on the Internet.

--

Adam Strohl
A-Team Systems | President & CTO