[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Public Comment!

Ryan Willette ryancwillette at outlook.com
Mon Feb 10 22:27:48 UTC 2020

We are living in the age of internet and instant communication. When the internet was in its infancy and no one knew what it really was, it was understandable for domains to potentially be more (or less) expensive.

I can currently purchase a .COM for an extremely affordable $8.88 from NameCheap and with the era we are in everyone, even just casual users, can have a reason for purchasing a domain! Whether it be for tech, the next big startup, or even just a simple personal blog.

If we increase prices, this can hurt the freedom of having a domain gives. A domain is more than just a personal spot on the internet or a large brand. Big or small, it is a voice. Owning your own domain can be empowering, it can let you speak freely to a dedicated audience, or be a home for business. The possibilities are really endless with one simple string of text.