[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Comment regarding .COM Proposal - full public process

Sholto Macpherson sholto at digitalfirst.com
Mon Feb 10 23:18:35 UTC 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm writing about the proposed changes to the .COM process and the changes
to the VeriSign contract. I am extremely concerned about the lack of public
input into these changes, a review of what they will mean for small
businesses such as myself, and the potential for price increases.
Given the economies of scale I would imagine that VeriSign makes plenty of
money already from .COM domains. Why does it need to make more? have the
costs increased? I sincerely doubt this. How much does it make already?
Surely the prices should be coming down, not going up.
If ICANN is truly a not-for-profit committed to looking after its
shareholders, then it should absolutely commit to a fully public review of
this contract.

Regards,

-- Sholto Macpherson

Sholto Macpherson