Eric Mandel slickric01 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 22:29:33 UTC 2020

I'm writing against the proposed amendment. I believe that any closed-door
negotiations between ICANN and Verisign removes all transparency from the
process and causes doubt on the motives of the decisions and proposals that
took place.

Any proposed amendment where ICANN approved a series of rate increase that
Verisign can charge alongside a $20 million contribution from Verisign to
ICANN has more than just an appearance of impropriety.

A deal of such proportions made by a supposed independent non-profit
organization seems irresponsible at best and possibly even corrupt.

I request that the proposal be rejected and a more transparent negotiation
process take place.

-Eric Mandel